The Auburn Automobile Company of Auburn, Indiana, was founded in 1874 by Charles Eckhart and produced cars from the years 1900 through 1936.
Prior to that, Eckhart ran the Eckhart Carriage Company.
The company changed hands a number of times as the vehicles were too expensive for the Depression-era market.
The 1904 touring car sat 2-4 people and had a flat-mounted single cylinder engine at the center of the car.
The 1935 Auburn boat tail speedster was powered by
a 4.6 liter straight eight that came with a supercharger option of 150 horsepower, achieving top speeds of 100 mph.
The company's art deco headquarters in Auburn now houses the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum and became a National Historic Landmark in 2005.
The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club was founded in 1952 and has 1,800 members. Click on their logo to learn more.